Please become familiar with the NZTA Factsheet 70
You need to:
- Have held a full Class 1 licence (car) for 6 months
- Have completed a medical (your doctors usual fees will apply)
- Complete application form DL1: http://nzta.govt.nz/resources/application-for-driver-licence-dl1/docs/dl1.pdf
- Present your medical certificate, licence and completed application form to an approved NZTA licence issuing agent then book to sit your learner's Class 2 licence.
- Get your Class 2 Learner Licence by visiting an NZTA agent ie AA, VTNZ or VINZ and pass the 35 multi-choice question test relating to general road code along with questions specific to Class 2 vehicles and getting at least 33 correct. The cost of this is about $100 payable to AA, VTNZ or VINZ. If you need help with the study of these questions please give us a call or email and we may be able to help you. The road code can be purchased from the AA, local book sellers or read online: https://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/roadcode/
You will now have your Class 2 Learner! Once you have your Class 2L (as above):
Join us for the 2 day NZTA approved course
Cost $849 (course fee includes study material and truck hire)
Courses run regularly and include the logbook unit standard, theory and a practical assessment drive in our truck.
Please note you will need to be able to drive a manual vehicle with confidence.
You will get a course certificate on the completion of the course to take back to an issuing authority of NZTA and apply for your Class 2 Full.
There is a cost to get your Class 2 full. You will be issued with a temporary Class 2 full at that time.
ENQUIRE NOW FOR THE NEXT COURSE DATE